This recipe turned out soo good I seriously can’t wait to make it again! My husband wanted me to make him a big pot of chili so that we could freeze some for him to take for lunches later in the month. So I figured I would try and come up with something that didn’t have meat, but still was filling and tasted like chili!
I looked through our fridge to see what we had that I could throw together and this is what I came up with. It really is so simple and you can change up the ingredients to really whatever veggies you have on hand. We always keep taco and chili seasoning packets in our pantry so these are really quick meals when you are in a rush or don’t know what else to make!
1 Packet Low Sodium Chili Seasoning
1T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Can Tomato Sauce
1 Can Diced or Crushed Tomatoes
1 Small Butternut Squash
1 Green Pepper
1/2 Can Black Beans
1/2 Can Kidney Beans (can sub with your fave)
- Sautee the veggies in olive oil until they have a little color and start to soften
- Add in your tomato products and stir on medium heat
- Drain and add in all of the beans
- Stir in your Chili Seasoning
- Turn Heat to Low and cook for about 30 minutes or until the butternut squash is soft
- Serve over brown rice and enjoy!
Approximate Calorie Count
1 cup Chili = 220 calories
1/2 cup Minute Brown Rice Cooked = 112 Calories
Total: 332 Calories
This is now one of my fave meals and it could not be any easier! If you do eat meat you could easily add in ground turkey, chicken, or beef and it would be a great way to incorporate more veggies into your diet!