These little treats are seriously so easy and incredibly tasty! My husband as I have mentioned before loves anything that is orange flavored especially one that is in pastry form! I saw a recipe for a puff pastry cookie with tons of sugar and orange juice that he thought would be delicious. So I decided to give them a try to see if I could cut down on the sugar and make them a little less horrible calorie wise!
These definitely are not considered a “healthy” option but every now and then we all crave something sweet and a tiny bit bad for you so why not indulge every now and then! The ingredients are very simple and all you will need to purchase is the puff pastry dough. I found mine in the freezer section and read the ingredients a million times and it doesn’t seem that there are any dairy products listed so I also got to enjoy these treats!
Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
Cinnamon to taste
Splenda Brown Sugar To Taste
1/2 Fresh Orange Squeezed (Zest is optional)
Calories– 1/6 of the Sheet is 160 (will vary on how large your cookie cutter is)
- Let the Pastry Dough thaw out until the sheets can easily be separated about 30 minutes
- Carefully tear the sheets into three strips where they were folded
- Take half of your orange and squeeze some juice on the sheet and then top with brown sugar and cinnamon
- Take a cookie cutter of your choice or just cut into squares and layer two on top of each other
- Place onto a non-stick baking sheet or line with parchment paper
- Place in a 400 degree oven and let bake for 15-20 minutes or when they are golden brown and have doubled in size!
- Let cool and enjoy!